Women’s health in Aurora, Colorado
The Medical Center of Aurora (TMCA) offers comprehensive health services for every stage of a woman’s life. Our doctors and medical staff understand the essence of being a woman. They design their services around the unique and individual needs of their patients while offering the latest in women’s health diagnostics and treatments.
Conditions we treat
We offer a full spectrum of women’s health services to cover all aspects of your healthcare needs, including:
- Bacterial vaginosis
- Breast cancer
- Cervical cancer
- Cervical dysplasia
- Dermatologic disorders
- Diabetes and other metabolic disorders
- Ear, nose and throat disorders
- Endometrial polyps
- Endometrial hyperplasia
- Fibrocystic breast disease
- Gestational diabetes
- Head and neck disorders
- Heart disease
- High-risk pregnancy
- Labor and delivery
- Menstrual cycle abnormalities
- Ovarian cancer
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Postmenopausal bleeding
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Prenatal care
- Sexual health
- Toxic shock syndrome (TSS)
- Urogynecologic problems
- Uterine cancer
- Uterine fibroids
- Uterine prolapse
- Yeast infection
Obstetrics and gynecologic emergency care
In TMCA’s OB/GYN emergency room, each patient is seen by a knowledgeable specialist. TMCA’s OB/GYN emergency team is always staffed by obstetric and gynecological hospitalists and nurse practitioners to provide the expertise you need, when you need it. Patients are provided detailed follow-up instructions, if necessary, to ensure a continuum of care.
Immediate care is provided for acute OB/GYN conditions, including:
- Post-surgical complications
- Pelvic pain
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Antenatal conditions
- Pain/bleeding in early pregnancy
- Preterm labor
Our OB/GYN emergency department is located in our obstetrics unit on the second floor of the hospital.
Specialized services for women’s health
There is so much more to keeping a woman healthy than just annual exams by her OB/GYN. That’s why we offer services and specialists for all aspects of a woman’s health. Some of our specialty programs include:
- Heart Care Program with a dedicated heart care tower and two Accredited Chest Pain Centers
- Birthing Center with low C-section rates, a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and childbirth and parent education classes
- Kidney, Bladder and Urology Program with subspecialty trained urogynecologists who focus on treating pelvic floor prolapse and other conditions specific to the female pelvis
- Cancer Care Program that has been approved by the American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer (CoC) as a community cancer program
When possible, our doctors and surgeons use the least invasive treatments. In some cases, medication can provide the least invasive option. When surgery is required, we offer advanced laparoscopy and robotic surgery, which are minimally invasive. These types of procedures help reduce blood loss and pain, while leading to quicker recovery times.
Peak Women’s Care
At Peak Women’s Care at TMCA, our clinic combines the skills and expertise of board-certified physicians who specialize in all aspects of obstetrics and gynecology, as well as high-risk pregnancies. Our goal is to provide outstanding care to our patients, as well as provide a variety of services all in one convenient location.
Call us at (303) 695-2822 to learn more about our team and the services we provide.
Women’s behavioral wellness services
Women are the strongest people we know, but they also have unique life experiences that require specialized care and focus. That’s why the HealthONE Behavioral Health and Wellness Center, located on our campus, has opened Colorado’s first behavioral health unit dedicated to caring for women 18 years old and older.
Our women’s behavioral health unit offers a spa-like atmosphere and a staff made up of primarily women. We offer an intensive outpatient program (IOP) and a partial hospitalization program (PHP). These mental wellness programs can help women with:
- Depression and anxiety
- Development of daily living skills and emotion management
- Eating disorders
- Medication assessment
- Prenatal or postpartum issues
- Psychiatric symptoms that impair social and occupational abilities and other important areas of functioning
- Self-injury or suicidal thoughts
- Substance use and other addictions
If any of these conditions apply to you, call our 24/7 mental health hotline at (844) 556-2012 for an assessment and consultation.