Lung and respiratory care in Aurora, Colorado
Our pulmonary specialists at The Medical Center of Aurora (TMCA) diagnose and treat a wide array of diseases. Our team includes pulmonologists, oncologists, thoracic surgeons, nurses and respiratory therapists who work together to provide comprehensive care from diagnosis and treatment to follow up and support.
Conditions we treat
- Bronchitis (acute and chronic)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Cystic fibrosis
- Lung cancer
- Pulmonary hypertension
Tobacco cessation program
TMCA has a commitment to the health and wellness of our community by promoting a healthier, tobacco-free lifestyle. Many smokers make several attempts to quit before finally becoming a forever-quitter. Counseling sessions combined with two forms of nicotine replacement therapy has shown to increase quit rates as much as 40 percent.
Our individual treatment protocol is delivered in four phases:
- Preparation session—motivational interviewing and assessing readiness
- Quit-date session—coping with withdrawal, behavior and cognitive changes
- Maintenance—addressing relapse, forward planning for social events
- Follow-up calls—brief calls one week after the last session and three months after the quit-date session
We offer cardiopulmonary rehabilitation Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. To contact our team, call (303) 338-7446.