Care for high-risk pregnancies in Aurora
A pregnancy is considered high-risk when there are complications that could potentially affect the mother, the baby or both. If you’re carrying more than one child, have a history of miscarriage or have developed gestational diabetes, your pregnancy may require a bit of extra care to ensure a safe labor and delivery experience.
We want to provide the special care you and your baby need. Call our team at (303) 695-2822.
High-risk pregnancies often require the assistance of a specially trained doctor. At The Medical Center of Aurora, we have a maternal-fetal medicine specialist who cares for patients through our high-risk OB clinic.
Individualized maternal-fetal care
Our OB clinic is open three days a week for high-risk pregnancy consultation. The need for consultation is usually determined by a patient’s obstetrician. Our specialist consults with patients on:
- Ultrasound evaluation of the fetus for congenital abnormalities and genetic testing
- Medical complications (hypertension, high blood pressure, thyroid disorders and HIV/AIDS)
- Complications that develop during pregnancy such as preeclampsia and fetal growth restriction
We also offer a variety of services at our clinic, including:
- First trimester ultrasound
- Genetic screening
- Third trimester ultrasound for fetal lung development
- Dilation and curettage
- Fetal blood testing
- Fetal age
- Fetal heart monitoring
- Chorionic villus sampling (test done in early pregnancy to look for birth abnormalities)