Aurora breast centers
Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at The Medical Center of Aurora (TMCA) is dedicated to the early detection of breast cancer. As with all cancers, the earlier breast cancer is detected, the more treatable it is.
Women without breast symptoms who are at an average risk for breast cancer should undergo regular screenings.
- Women in their twenties and thirties: Undergo a clinical breast exam (CBE) as part of a regular health exam by a professional, preferably every three years; may also conduct breast self-exams and report any changes to their physicians.
- Women age 40 and older: Undergo a CBE conducted by a health professional annually and undergo a mammogram every year.
Women at an increased risk for breast cancer should consult their physicians for screening recommendations based on their specific needs.Mammography Saves Lives®
To schedule your mammogram, please call (303) 360-3770.
Colorado Breast Care
Every woman deserves a unique healthcare experience. That’s why we offer three locations to serve you. Colorado Breast Care provides excellent and easily accessible care. Our nationally accredited facilities allow women to receive the most commonly required tests in one convenient setting.
Our Colorado Breast Care locations use the latest technology to provide patients with advanced screening, diagnosis and treatment procedures. With the SenoClaire 3D breast tomosynthesis, our providers can detect breast cancer earlier using digital mammography technology, which performs a safe, low dose X-ray, doubling as a 2D mammogram.
Services available at Colorado Breast Care
- Senographe Pristina 3D mammogram technology
- SenoClaire 3D breast tomosynthesis
- Screening and diagnostic digital mammograms
- Breast MRI
- Breast ultrasound
- Breast biopsy
- Breast cancer care center
- Breast cancer support group
- Genetic testing/counseling referrals
- Bone density testing for osteoporosis
Digital mammography and 3D breast tomosynthesis
TMCA uses digital mammography, the most accurate type of mammography for women 50 years old and younger, as well as women with dense breasts or who are perimenopausal.
Digital mammograms produce images that appear on the technologist’s monitor within seconds. Additionally, the images can be enhanced on the computer, as well as manipulated (zoom in or magnify certain areas), to give your medical team the clearest and most accurate information possible.
We also offer the GE Pristina™ breast tomosynthesis, which offers patients a comfortable, low-dose X-ray examination that helps our providers screen for breast cancer with greater clarity and confidence. This advanced imaging technique offers a more comprehensive image of the breast by separating tissue and reducing the overlapping of structures, meticulously imaging specific tissue sections.
Preparing for your mammogram
- Schedule your mammogram when your breasts will be less tender, perhaps avoiding the week before your menstrual cycle. If you have sensitive breasts, consider taking a mild over-the-counter pain reliever about an hour before the mammogram
- Choose a two-piece outfit to wear, so you only have to remove your top
- Do not use lotion, deodorant or powder under your arms or on your breasts
- Bring your insurance information, as well as your referring physician’s contact information
- Be prepared to discuss previous mammograms, biopsies or breast treatments. New patients to our facilities should bring any previous breast studies with them, if possible, to help expedite reports
Take a virtual tour
Colorado Breast Care locations
Our three convenient, spa-like locations allow you to relax with warm robes and healthy drinks and provide you with state-of-the-art breast care.
Colorado Breast Care at The Medical Center of Aurora
1444 S. Potomac Street, Suite 160
Aurora, CO 80012
Hours: Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Main scheduling: (303) 338-7773
Nurse navigator: (303) 338-7297
Walk-in Screening Mammogram: Monday to Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Colorado Breast Care at Centennial Medical Plaza
14200 E. Arapahoe Road
Centennial, CO 80112
Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, 7:30 a.m. to noon
Main scheduling: (303) 360-3770
Nurse navigator: (303) 338-7297
Walk-in Screening Mammograms: Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Green Valley Ranch
4809 Argonne Street, Suite 120
Denver, CO 80249
Hours: Monday, 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Walk-in Screening Mammograms welcome