Physical Therapy at TMCA
Physical therapy helps patients who have an injury or a condition that limits their ability to move. At The Medical Center of Aurora, we offer a variety of physical therapy care aimed at helping patients to function at their highest level. Our Physical Therapy programs works closely with other departments to improve total health for our patients. We begin working with patients immediately after surgery — and throughout their stay — to reduce pain while improving movement.
In addition, we offer:
- Special experience and training in wound care. We were one of the first hospitals in the Denver metro area to use the Wound V.A.C., a negative-pressure vacuum-assisted device that enhances wound closure.
- Treatment for total hip/knee patients, including a Total Joint Pre-Operative Class
- Care for stroke, heart, trauma and medical patients
- A Spine Pre-Operative Class to help prepare patients for surgery mentally, physically and emotionally
- Emphasis on improved balance
- Behavioral Health Program for Seniors
Physical therapy also can help with rehabilitation after surgeries such as:
- Brain surgeries
- Knee and hip replacement
- Rotator cuff surgery
- Spine surgery
- Total joint replacements