In order to provide high quality care to patients with Chiari I Malformation, requirements prior to scheduling an appointment include:
- An evaluation by the primary care physician within the last 6 months.
- A neurology evaluation within the last 6 months.
- A report of an MRI of the brain or cervical spine within the prior 6 months which shows a Chiari Malformation.
- The patient must be 14 years of age or older. (CCI does not treat persons younger than this.)
- A recent lab report containing HgA1C, CRP, Vitamin D level.
- A referral to the Institute can come from your primary care physician, your neurologist, or your neurosurgeon.
Our Checklist for Initial Screening will help ensure that you have collected the required information.
After documentation is received, the Chiari Nurse will contact you to discuss next steps.
Please call our office with any questions.
Colorado Chiari Institute at The Medical Center of Aurora
1400 S. Potomac, Suite 210
Aurora, Colorado 80012