Support Services for Patients with Chiari
The support you receive from your family, your friends and other sources is an important component of your treatment plan and recovery. Support services for patients with Chiari I Malformation, syringomyelia and tethered cord syndrome are growing. As more resources become available we will update this information.
Many of these organizations offer information about support groups, message boards, chat rooms, patient stories and much more.
- American Syringomyelia & Chiari Alliance Project http://asap.org
- Chiari Connection International http://www.chiariconnectioninternational.com
- Chiari & Syringomyelia Foundation http://csfinfo.org
- Chiarians Unite https://www.facebook.com/chiariansunite2013/
- Conquer Chiari http://www.conquerchiari.org/index.html
- World Arnold Chiari Malformation Association http://www.wacma.com
FAQ Chiari Malformation
In February 2008, Dr. John Oró and Diane Mueller, ND, NP published The Chiari Book: A Guide for Patients, Families, and Health Care Providers to help increase awareness of the Chiari I Malformation and syringomyelia, and offer hope to those who are affected.
The Chiari Book is based on the experience gained in evaluating more than 1,200 patients for the Chiari I malformation and syringomyelia. Illustrated with drawings and photographs, the book is meant to be easy to read and understand.