Our Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) provides an intense, structured setting for individuals who have difficulty maintaining current daily routines due to depression, anxiety, or other mental health symptoms, and who could benefit from intensive, immediate, outpatient support and an evaluation by a psychiatrist.
This patient-centered treatment program provides flexible treatment options that are less intensive than an inpatient hospitalization while being more supportive than outpatient therapy alone.
The program also offers treatment at both The Medical Center of Aurora and Centennial Medical Plaza Monday through Friday, 9am-3pm, to allow for the convenience of being home with loved ones in the evening.
PHP is designed to help patients who:
- May experience behavioral or emotional challenges
- May have symptoms of depression, anxiety, and/or other obstacles when functioning in everyday situations
- Need support to achieve stabilization
- Need to develop coping skills and learn to manage stress
- Would benefit from coaching for goal achievement
- May have recently had an inpatient psychiatric admission and need to step down to a structured support program
PHP treatment includes:
- Patient-centered goal setting and treatment planning
- Psychiatric consultation
- Medication evaluation
- Group, individual, and family interventions
- Life skills practice opportunities
- Evidence-based recovery models
We conduct pre/post evaluations to determine the success of treatment interventions so that ongoing treatments can be adjusted to best meet patient needs. Our goal is to help you or your loved one live a balanced life and to have the best mental wellbeing possible.
For more information or to schedule an assessment, please contact The Medical Center of Aurora’s Behavioral Health and Wellness Center at (303) 360-3650.
Learn more about our programs, including: