Emergency rooms in greater Aurora, CO
Expert emergency care when you need it most
Accidents happen. Kids get sick. And chest pain can’t wait. When the unexpected occurs, count on The Medical Center of Aurora's emergency rooms and emergency medicine teams.
In an emergency, time and distance are very important. Rest assured that three highly equipped ERs are located in your backyard offering 24/7 expert care to you and your loved ones.
Our emergency rooms are designed to care for the most serious illnesses and injuries. In a life-threatening situation, please call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest emergency department.
Main Campus ER - Level II Trauma Center
1501 S. Potomac Street
Aurora, CO 80012
Phone: (303) 695-2600
maps & directions
The Medical Center of Aurora Main Campus is equipped to handle all types of procedures in its 24/7 emergency room. We have top-notch technology, including high-tech ICUs and advanced operating rooms. The ER is staffed by board-certified emergency medicine doctors, specially trained nurses and other skilled health professionals.
We also offer expert pediatric ER care through our affiliation with the Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children. This includes board-certified pediatricians and pediatric specialty nurses on staff 12 hours each day.
The ER was recently renovated to reduce wait times for patients needing treatment for minor medical conditions. The Rapid Medical Evaluation program allows patients to receive care quickly and safely.
The main campus ER is a Chest Pain Center of Excellence and a certified Primary Stroke Center. The ER also has the Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners Program.
Why choose our emergency care?
Our Emergency and Trauma Program offers patients access to medical specialists and health professionals who are trained to stabilize patients in need of urgent care.
- Trauma surgeons, trauma anesthesiologists and trauma nurses
- Emergency medicine doctors
- Orthopedic surgeons
- Plastic surgeons and oral-maxillofacial surgeons
- Cardiologists and cardiothoracic surgeons
- Emergency department technicians and X-ray technicians
- Physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists and respiratory therapists
- Critical care nurses
Chaplains, social workers and case managers
Accredited Chest Pain Centers
In 2008, both our Main Campus and Centennial Medical Plaza Emergency Rooms became accredited chest pain centers by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
Rapid Medical Evaluation Program
The Medical Center of Aurora Main Campus has a Rapid Medical Evaluation program to provide quick patient care for everyday medical and urgent care needs.
What are the Benefits of Rapid Medical Evaluation?
- Faster processing of ambulatory patients through the Rapid Medical Evaluation process, allowing lower acuity patients to be seen in the low acuity treatment area
- Reduces patients’ wait time and the length of their overall stay
- Patients are seen by a nurse immediately and are placed in a room if available
- Immediate bedding allows a physician to expedite care, and allows the patient to have a shorter overall hospital stay
Rapid Medical Evaluation Hours of Operation
7 days a week
11:00am to 9:00pm