About Colorado Chiari Institute
Colorado Chiari Institute (CCI) at The Medical Center of Aurora is the only center of its kind in the region. CCI combines the art and science of medicine to diagnose and treat those suffering from the Chiari I Malformation, Syringomyelia and related conditions. We offer medical expertise and advanced technology for the singular focus of treating these particular neurological disorders. Our team concentrates on educating not only patients, but also their families about these less common neurologic diseases.
At CCI, Dr. John Oró, neurosurgeon and Chiari specialist, and his team expertly handle all aspects of care from evaluation and diagnosis, to treatment and follow-up. The CCI team closely consults with referring physicians throughout the course of treatment to ensure that the patient received appropriate follow up from their primary care physician or neurologist.
We encourage our patients to be active participants in their care and treatment planning. Our goal is to provide the highest quality multidisciplinary care to help heal body and mind.
In order to provide high quality care to patients with Chiari I Malformation, requirements prior to scheduling an appointment include:
- An evaluation by the primary care physician within the last 6 months.
- A neurology evaluation within the last 6 months.
- A report of an MRI of the brain or cervical spine within the prior 6 months which shows a Chiari Malformation.
- The patient must be 14 years of age or older. (CCI does not treat persons younger than this.)
- A recent lab report containing HgA1C, CRP, Vitamin D level.
- A referral to the Institute can come from your primary care physician, your neurologist, or your neurosurgeon.
- A completed Scheduling Checklist.
After documentation is received, the Chiari Nurse will contact you to discuss next steps.
Please call our office at 303-695-2663 with any questions.