Treatment for Adolescent & Teen Mental Health Issues
Being an adolescent is tough, and from time to time everyone needs a little extra help. We have long been committed to providing short-term behavioral health treatment services for adults and seniors, and are pleased to now offer the same, high quality level of care for adolescents between the ages of 11 – 17.
Our physician-led, interdisciplinary treatment team of individual/family therapists, behaviorists, social workers, music therapists, recreational therapists, and psychiatric nurses have developed programs that integrate approaches supported by evidence-based cognitive and dialectical behavioral health treatment therapies.
With the support of family, friends, and the community, we formulate a teenage mental health treatment plan that extends into everyday life long beyond the point when treatment ends.
Adolescent Unit Virtual Tour
Who Can Benefit from our Program?
Adolescents struggling with the following issues could benefit from our inpatient or outpatient programs, including those dealing with:
- Achieving stabilization
- Anger and aggressiveness
- Behavioral or emotional difficulties
- Causing harm to themselves or others
- Coping with traumatic events
- Declining school attendance due to sadness or anxiety
- Difficulty expressing feelings
- Disorganized thoughts
- Developing coping skills, learning to manage stress
- Mood swings
- Overwhelming sadness, anxiety, and/or other obstacles when functioning in everyday situations
- Recent inpatient psychiatric admission and needs step-down to a structured support program
- Social withdrawal and/or isolation
Adolescent Inpatient Services
We provide adolescents and their families with a safe environment devoted to their unique behavioral health treatment needs. Our services increase your adolescent’s ability to express their thoughts and feelings, make good decisions, and become more effective in life. We also offer the opportunity to work through and practice real-life behavioral health situations designed to help your adolescent grow in their ability to meet life’s challenges.
Group therapy is at the core of our programming, and we supplement these therapies with education services, including direct instruction in on-site classrooms. Additionally, our educational services team coordinates with the adolescent’s school to use their specific materials for instruction each day so that your child can continue their education while receiving treatment.
Inpatient Program Criteria, Conditions Treated and Therapies Offered
We offer flexible, 24/7 treatment options for those struggling with teen mental and emotional health issues who are in need of intensive support and evaluation by a psychiatrist. Our teen mental health and emotional support therapies consist of the following programs:
- Family support / psycho-educational groups
- Group and individual psychotherapy
- Individual and family interventions
- Social and experiential practice focused on building resiliency
If an adolescent in your life is experiencing any of the above challenges, he or she would benefit from a comprehensive inpatient psychiatric assessment. For more information, please contact us at (844) 556-2012.
Partial Day Program
We now offer a Partial Program for adolescents Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Our new program provides families a more convenient space devoted to their unique treatment needs. It provides a flexible treatment option for those who need intensive, outpatient supports, evaluation by a psychiatrist or a gradual transition from an inpatient setting. The program offers treatment during the day with the convenience of being home with loved ones in the evening. The program also provides flexibility for providers who can directly refer to the Partial Program.
This Program is Designed to Help a Patient Who...
- Is between the ages of 11-17
- May be experiencing behavioral or emotional difficulties
- May have symptoms of depression, anxiety and/or other obstacles when functioning in everyday situations
- Needs support to achieve stabilization
- Needs to develop coping skills, learn to manage stress, and coaching for goal achievement
- May have recently had an inpatient psychiatric admission and needs step-down to a structured support program
Partial Program Treatment
Our physician-led, interdisciplinary treatment team has developed a program that integrates approaches supported by the latest clinical research and practice. These program enhancements will continue to provide the safe, therapeutic environment expected from The Medical Center of Aurora.
- Psychiatric and medication evaluation
- Intensive group therapy addressing the developmental and social challenges of adolescents
- Individual and family interventions
- Social and recreational practice opportunities focused on building resiliency
- Evidence-based recovery model based on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- We utilize evidence based treatment that is grounded in CBT and DBT interventions. Additionally, we conduct pre/post evaluations to determine the success of our treatment interventions so that ongoing treatments can be adjusted to best meet patient needs.
- We will assist in the coordination of transportation services
Our evidence-based adolescent intensive outpatient program supports and maintains teenage mental health while equipping adolescents with the necessary understanding and tools to facilitate more in-depth therapy in an outpatient setting.
In doing so, we empower adolescents to explore individual growth and heal within a group setting while maintaining their everyday lives outside of behavioral health treatment. After an initial psychiatric assessment, our team helps determine a proper treatment plan, which may or may not include medication.
We collaborate with schools and outside support systems to provide thoughtful, comprehensive care without disrupting your adolescent’s academic responsibilities.
This includes three-hour treatment programs (three to four days per week) after school, after which adolescents return home each afternoon.
Tackling Life’s Challenges
Whether as a part of our inpatient or outpatient program, we help your adolescent develop powerful coping tools that will serve them long after the program ends. As a part of this mission, we provide adolescent outcome tools to highlight progression throughout the program.
Because each person’s history is unique, we accept voluntary admissions to the program via hospital admission, physician referrals, and even walk-ins. For more information or to schedule an assessment, please call (844) 556-2012.