The Medical Center of Aurora is proud to work with some of the finest healthcare professionals in the country. Here you will find the resources you need. This section of our website is exclusively for healthcare professionals, including physicians, nurses, EMS providers and other medical professionals.
1st Annual Rocky Mountain Resident Research Forum
The First Annual Rocky Mountain Resident Research Forum will be a dynamic day for those wishing to write, conduct, and publish research. It will also benefit individuals who are looking to expand their knowledge in the medical science and education fields.
Friday, April 5, 2019, 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
The Medical Center of Aurora - Meeting Rooms 1 & 2
1501 South Potomac Street
Aurora, CO 80012
This event is free to healthcare providers.
Our guest presenters include five internationally recognized physicians with extensive experience in writing and publishing research. These remarkable individuals will present a series of lectures that will assist anyone, ranging from a novice researcher to an experienced researcher, in improving their approach to research and writing for publications.
The day will showcase research from HCA Healthcare's Continental, Mid-America, and Mountain Division residency programs in both poster and podium presentations. The residents worked diligently on their research to prepare for this special day. There will be an array of informative topics across many specialties.
Following the conclusion of the conference, tickets are available for a fundraiser supporting the Novick Cardiac Alliance, an organization that works with leaders and healthcare personnel around the world to create sustainable cardiac and general healthcare for children. William Novick, MD, founder and CEO of the organization, will share his global experience performing cardiac surgery in underserved areas.
SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE: Oliwier Dziadkowiec, Michael Firstenberg, Todd Hultman, Dianne McCallister, Megan Novak, Eric Quirion, Scott Strauss
- 7:30 am – 8:30 am - Registration & Breakfast
- 8:30 am – 8:40 am - Welcome, Scott Strauss
- 8:40 am – 8:50 am - Introduction, Dianne McCallister
- 8:50 am – 9:45 am - Publishing & Presenting: Research on the Hoof, Shay O’Mara
- 9:45 am –10:15 am - Break & Moderated Poster Session 1
- 10:15 am –11:00 am - The Process of Writing a Manuscript: A Practical Synopsis, Tom Papadimos
- 11:00 am –11:15 am - HCA Healthcare Resources, Oli Dziadkoweic
- 11:15 am –11:30 am - Lunch
- 11:30 am – 12:30 pm - Moderated Oral Presentations
- 12:30 pm - 1:15 pm - From Idea to Publication: A Road Map to Success in Research, Stan Stawicki
- 1:15 pm - 2:00 pm - Multi-Disciplinary & Multi-Center Approaches to Research: Benefits to You, Your Program, and Your Institution, Michael Firstenberg
- 2:00 pm - 2:30 pm - Moderated Q&A, Bill Novick
- 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm - Moderated Poster Session 2
- 3:30 pm – 4:00 pm - Awards & Closing Remarks
False Claims Act Policy
HCA Healthcare has revised all state False Claims Act policies in states in which it conducts business to comply with certain requirements set forth in the Deficit Reduction Act of 2005 with regard to federal state false claims laws. The policies were revised to bring them up to date with regard to their respective state laws. In all of the policies, the civil penalties range were revised and the policies were updated to provide greater detail. Please review the attached policy or click on the link to review the important changes to the Colorado version of the False Claims Act policy.