Education and Learning at The Medical Center of Aurora
The Medical Center of Aurora/Centennial Medical Plaza offers ongoing learning and education programs for staff members at all levels.
This program is designed to encourage staff to enroll in an upper education institution and achieve, through their own potential, a college degree in their chosen course of study.
- $3,000 per year for full time. Pro-rated for part time
- Accredited college/university courses
This program encourages our employees to build a career track within our organization that benefits and rewards both the employee and the organization.
- Full scholarships for current employees wishing to pursue careers as:
- Rad Tech
- Lab Tech
- Employee must be employed at least 16 hours per week
- Employee agrees to stay employed in the position trained for two years
Financial support program available for all employees who have already obtained degrees and have outstanding loans.
- $3,000 per year for full time. Pro-rated for part time.
- Commitment employment in exchange for loan forgiveness.
Graduate Degree Programs: Webster University and The Medical Center of Aurora have partnered to provide the Master of Health Administration (MHA) and Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree programs on-site.
Development of an organizational culture is shared by all employees and provides common experience and a common language for all. Training includes:
- Ethics and code of conduct
- Safety and environment of care
- Quality management
- Disaster preparedness
The most motivated employee is a new employee. Supporting the enthusiasm and motivation is critical. New employee support programs include:
- New hire orientation program
- New employee onboarding
- Career counseling
- Values and Standards feedback at 3, 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 30 and 36 months
Our goal is to provide the highest quality patient care enhanced through our clinical programs. Educational opportunities are available for our clinical staff to help them to advance and stay current in their fields.
- OB ACLS
Collaborative learning encourages everyone to value shared learning experiences. Managers are given a variety of learning experiences and classes to strengthen their management and coaching skills.
- Training opportunities for all levels of management
- DDI Management Training
- Professional Coaching/Mentoring
- Leadership Academy