Press and Media Relations Guidelines
The Medical Center of Aurora, Centennial Medical Plaza, and Saddle Rock ER have established the following guidelines for arranging interviews, videotape sessions or photo opportunities.
Rachel Robinson, Director Marketing/PR Marketing/Public Relations Department The Medical Center of Aurora, Spalding Rehabilitation, Behavioral Health & Wellness Center, Centennial Medical Center, Saddle Rock ER Ph: (720) 281-3650 Rachel.Robinson@HealthONEcares.com
To ensure patient privacy releases one of the four conditions approved by the American Hospital Association:
- Good: Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious and comfortable; indicators are excellent.
- Fair: Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious but may be uncomfortable; indicators are favorable.
- Serious: Vital signs may be unstable and not within normal limits. Patient is acutely ill; indicators are questionable.
- Critical: Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Patient may not be conscious; indicators are unfavorable.
Conditions are only provided with confirmation of a patient's name and date of birth.
- Advance notice of on-site interviews is necessary.
- All patients must sign a consent form before the media will be allowed to shoot pictures, videotape, film or ask questions.
- To protect the privacy of all other patients and families, Public Relations must accompany all reporters and photographers on ANY campus owned by The Medical Center of Aurora.