Colorado Breast Care at The Medical Center of Aurora
At Colorado Breast Care at The Medical Center of Aurora, all of the most commonly required tests to keep women at their peak of health are conveniently located in one area. We offer free, convenient parking and one phone number for scheduling and registration.
Services Available at Colorado Breast Care
- Bone density testing for osteoporosis
- Breast Cancer Care Center
- Breast MRI
- Breast Ultrasound
- Breast Biopsy
- Breast Cancer Support Group
- Screening and Diagnostic Digital Mammograms
- Genetic Testing/Counseling Referrals
Colorado Breast Care Virtual Tour at The Medical Center of Aurora
Walk-in Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 3:00pm
Walk in or call (303) 338-7773 to schedule your exam.
Please note - some of our services require a physician's order. Please call our main scheduling line for more information on physician order requirements.
Main Scheduling: (303) 338-7773
Nurse Navigator: (303) 338-7297
Find A Doctor: (303) 873-0630
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 5:00pm
1444 S. Potomac Street, Suite 160
Aurora, CO 80012
Colorado Breast Care is designated as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology (ACR). By awarding facilities the status of a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, the ACR recognizes breast imaging centers that have earned accreditation in mammography, stereotactic breast biopsy and breast ultrasound (including ultrasound-guided breast biopsy). This designation signifies that the facility has achieved high practice standards in image quality, personnel qualifications, facility equipment, quality control procedures and quality assurance programs.
What should I know about radiation safety?
Before your imaging procedure be sure to ask your physician the following questions:
- Why is the test needed?
- How will having the test improve my care?
- Are there alternatives that do not use radiation and deliver similar results?
- Is the facility accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR)?
- Are pediatric and adult tests delivered using the appropriate radiation doses?
Why should I have my imaging exam done at an accredited facility?
When you see the gold seals of accreditation prominently displayed in our imaging facility, you can be sure that you are in a facility that meets standards for imaging quality and safety. Look for the ACR Gold Seals of Accreditation. To achieve the ACR Gold Standard of Accreditation, our facility's personnel qualifications, equipment requirements, quality assurance and quality control procedures have gone through a rigorous review process and have met specific qualifications. It's important for patients to know that every aspect of the ACR accreditation process is overseen by board certified, expert radiologists and medical physicists in advanced diagnostic imaging.
What does ACR accreditation mean?
- Our facility has voluntarily gone through a vigorous review process to ensure that we meet nationally-accepted standards of care
- Our personnel are well qualified, through education and certification, to perform medical imaging, interpret your images and administer your radiation therapy treatments
- Our equipment is appropriate for the test or treatment you will receive, and our facility meets or exceeds quality assurance and safety guidelines
What does the gold seal mean?
When you see the ACR gold seal, you can rest assured that your prescribed imaging test will be done at a facility that has met the highest level of imaging quality and radiation safety. The facility and its personnel have gone through a comprehensive review to earn accreditation status by the American College of Radiology (ACR), the largest and oldest imaging accrediting body in the U.S. and a professional organization of 34,000 physicians.