Colorado Breast Care at The Medical Center of Aurora
At Colorado Breast Care at The Medical Center of Aurora, all of the most commonly required tests to keep women at their peak of health are conveniently located in one area. We utilize the latest technology innovations in women’s healthcare to provide patients with advanced screening, diagnosis and treatment procedures.
With the SenoClaire 3D Breast Tomosynthesis, our physicians can detect breast cancer earlier than ever. This digital tomosynthesis technology offers patients a comfortable, low-dose X-ray examination that helps our providers screen for breast cancer with greater clarity and greater confidence.
Thanks to this new technology, physicians can see more than a traditional 2D mammography. This advanced imaging technique offers a more comprehensive image of the breast by separating tissue and reducing the overlapping of structures, meticulously imaging specific tissue sections. With the SenoClaire technology, patients of Colorado Breast Care at The Medical Center of Aurora can count on faster and more reliable breast cancer diagnosis.
Services Available at Colorado Breast Care
- SenoClaire 3D Breast Tomosynthesis
- Screening and Diagnostic Digital Mammograms
- Breast MRI
- Breast Ultrasound
- Breast Biopsy
- Breast Cancer Care Center
- Breast Cancer Support Group
- Genetic Testing/Counseling Referrals
- Bone density testing for osteoporosis
Colorado Breast Care Virtual Tour at The Medical Center of Aurora
Walk-in Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 3:00pm
Walk in or call (303) 338-7773 to schedule your exam.
*Please note - some of our services require a physician's order. If you are unsure whether or not you need an order, please call our main scheduling line for more information on physician order requirements.
Main Scheduling: (303) 338.7773
Nurse Navigator: (303) 338.7297
Find A Doctor: (303) 873.0630
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 5:00pm
1444 S. Potomac Street, Suite 160
Aurora, CO 80012
Colorado Breast Care is designated as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology (ACR). By awarding facilities the status of a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, the ACR recognizes breast imaging centers that have earned accreditation in mammography, stereotactic breast biopsy and breast ultrasound (including ultrasound-guided breast biopsy). This designation signifies that the facility has achieved high practice standards in image quality, personnel qualifications, facility equipment, quality control procedures and quality assurance programs.
What should I know about radiation safety?
Before your imaging procedure be sure to ask your physician the following questions:
- Why is the test needed?
- How will having the test improve my care?
- Are there alternatives that do not use radiation and deliver similar results?
- Is the facility accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR)?
- Are pediatric and adult tests delivered using the appropriate radiation doses?
Why should I have my imaging exam done at an accredited facility?
When you see the gold seals of accreditation prominently displayed in our imaging facility, you can be sure that you are in a facility that meets standards for imaging quality and safety. Look for the ACR Gold Seals of Accreditation. To achieve the ACR Gold Standard of Accreditation, our facility's personnel qualifications, equipment requirements, quality assurance and quality control procedures have gone through a rigorous review process and have met specific qualifications. It's important for patients to know that every aspect of the ACR accreditation process is overseen by board certified, expert radiologists and medical physicists in advanced diagnostic imaging.
What does ACR accreditation mean?
- Our facility has voluntarily gone through a vigorous review process to ensure that we meet nationally-accepted standards of care
- Our personnel are well qualified, through education and certification, to perform medical imaging, interpret your images and administer your radiation therapy treatments
- Our equipment is appropriate for the test or treatment you will receive, and our facility meets or exceeds quality assurance and safety guidelines
What does the gold seal mean?
When you see the ACR gold seal, you can rest assured that your prescribed imaging test will be done at a facility that has met the highest level of imaging quality and radiation safety. The facility and its personnel have gone through a comprehensive review to earn accreditation status by the American College of Radiology (ACR), the largest and oldest imaging accrediting body in the U.S. and a professional organization of 34,000 physicians.
When your breast center achieves accreditation by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) you can be assured that it is held to the highest standards of care for patients with diseases of the breast. The NAPBC is a quality program administered by the American College of Surgeons. Accreditation by the NAPBC is only given to those centers that have voluntarily committed to providing the highest level of quality breast care and undergo a rigorous evaluation process and review of their performance.
During the NAPBC survey process, breast centers must demonstrate compliance with standards established by the NAPBC for treating women who are diagnosed with the full spectrum of breast disease. Receiving care at a NAPBC-accredited center ensures that you will have access to:
- Comprehensive care, including a full range of state-of-the-art services
- A multidisciplinary team approach to coordinate the best treatment options
- Information about ongoing clinical trials and new treatment options
- Quality breast care close to home