A smoke-free lifestyle promotes many health benefits. At The Medical Center of Aurora, we offer the QuitSmart® program to help our patients and employees quit smoking. Those who stop smoking:
- Feel more healthy
- Breathe easier
- Have more energy
QuitSmart® was created by the director of the Duke University Quit Smoking Clinic. Our program is taught by a respiratory therapist who is trained as a certified QuitSmart® leader. In the QuitSmart® program, patients learn to:
- Ease off nicotine. Switch to other brands that have less and less nicotine aids in this decrease.
- Use your mind to help. Learn to think of yourself as a calm, comfortable and happy nonsmoker.
- Use a hypnosis audio CD. Relax and enjoy life as a nonsmoker.
- Decide whether to use medication.
- Break the smoking habit. Learn six ways to outsmart your habit.
The program includes a QuitSmart® kit and four meetings. Patients can choose to attend either group or one on one meetings. The kit includes:
- An informative guidebook
- A relaxing hypnosis audio CD or cassette
- A patented realistic cigarette substitute
The QuitSmart® program is often insurance reimbursable.
For information, please call (303) 873-5733.