About TMCA Breast Cancer Care Center
The Breast Cancer Care Center, within Colorado Breast Care at The Medical Center of Aurora, has full accreditation designation by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), a program administered by the American College of Surgeons. Accreditation by the NAPBC is only given to those centers that have committed to providing the highest level of quality breast care and undergo an in-depth evaluation process and review of their performance.
Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
Colorado Breast Care is designated as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology (ACR). By awarding facilities the status of a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, the ACR recognizes breast imaging centers that have earned accreditation in mammography, stereotactic breast biopsy and breast ultrasound (including ultrasound-guided breast biopsy). This designation signifies that the facility has achieved high practice standards in image quality, personnel qualifications, facility equipment, quality control procedures and quality assurance programs. Find out more about our Breast Imaging Center of Excellence designation.
It is common to feel anxious and overwhelmed when you are diagnosed with breast cancer. At The Medical Center of Aurora's Breast Cancer Care Center, we help you understand your diagnosis and your treatment options. Our care includes:
- Multiple specialists available at one time, in one location for initial visits
- Quick and efficient evaluation
- Timely development of a treatment action plan
Working together in a multi-specialty office allows our specialists to share information, evaluate each patient's case and offer reassurance and support. Our team includes:
- Oncologists (cancer doctors)
- Radiologists (imaging specialists who help with diagnosis)
- Nurse Navigator
The doctors at the Breast Cancer Care Center have extensive experience as recognized leaders in treating breast cancer. In addition, many of our breast specialists are involved with clinical trials. As a result, patients have access to the latest and most advanced treatments.
- A monthly breast cancer support group that is facilitated by breast cancer specialists and survivors.
- A breast cancer nurse counselor who will be your first point of contact, and she will be a supportive resource throughout your treatment experience. She helps patients navigate information and she can make referrals to other breast-cancer resources as needed.
- Family and friends are encouraged to attend appointments for additional support.
- American Cancer Society Cancer Resource Center
To schedule a consultation at the Breast Cancer Care Center, please call (303) 338-7773.
Your first visit to the Breast Cancer Care Center will last approximately two hours. During this time, you will meet with a nurse counselor, a medical oncologist (cancer specialist) and a surgeon, all in one location.
Please bring with you:
- Your insurance card
- Copies of your mammogram studies. If your mammogram studies were done at Colorado Breast Care, they will be forwarded automatically to the Breast Cancer Care Center.
Although you will remain in the same office space during the consultation, you will pay for two specialist co-pays, since you will see both an oncologist and a surgeon during your consultation.