The Medical Center of Aurora/Centennial Medical Plaza offers a 48-hour didactic course in critical care nursing.
The course is conducted by doctors and clinical experts, and focuses on all major systems that receive critical care management.
- Computer system training
- Death and ethical issues
- Nutritional support
- Interventional cardiology
- Trauma care
Mentoring at the bedside by a Clinical Nurse Specialist will integrate all course components.
Upon completion of the course, the RN will be able to:
- Correlate pathophysiology and pharmacology with anticipated medical and nursing interventions for the critically ill patient
- Prioritize nursing care for the complex critically ill patient using assessment and critical thinking skills
- Perform essential nursing care skills with competence
- Plan and communicate effectively with doctors, patients and families
For more information, contact the Human Resources Department.